How can we help?
This article assumes you have already installed CuteFTP on your device and need to establish a connection with the remote server.
- Launch CuteFTP on your system.
- Click the “Site Manager” tab.
- Right-click on “General FTP Sites”.
- Hover over “New” and select “Folder” from the drop down menu.
- Name the New Folder, should you be a developer or designer and have multiple clients’ website, it is advisable to ensure consistency and clarity in folder name formats.
- Right-click on the newly created folder.
- Hover over “New” and select for “FTP Site” from the drop down menu.
- The “Site Properties” window will open where you can enter in a “Label” for the new FTP site.
- Input “Host address” – this can be ftp.yourdomain.com, yourdomain.com or you can utilize the IP address method if your domain name’s propagation is still pending.
- Input “Username” and “Password” – the ones that correspond to your hosting account. Note: The Host address or the IP address.
- Click “OK” once done.
- To connect to the new site, select it from the left hand menu and click the “Connect” icon.
- To close the FTP connection, click the “Disconnect” icon.
You have successfully configured your website in CuteFTP, should you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to our Support Team.