How can we help?
This configuration tutorial assumes you have FlashFXP installed but have not yet connected to a remote server.
- Launch FlashFXP on your computer.
- Click on “Sites” in the Menu bar.
- Select “Site Manager.” Here, you can create a dedicated group to organize logins for your websites. This is particularly useful for keeping work and personal websites separate.
- Click the “New Group” button and complete “Enter Group Name”.
- Ensure the new group (in our example, “demosites”) is selected.
- Click the “Create New Site” button.
- Enter a name for the site (for your reference).
- Under the “General” tab, select the appropriate “Connection Type.”
- Enter the server’s address, which can be in the form of ftp.yourdomain.com, yourdomain.com, or just the IP (Internet Protocol) address.
- Complete the “User Name” and “Password” for your hosting account.
- Optionally, you can specify the “Remote Path” server address if you want to connect directly to a specific folder on the remote server.
- Specify the “Local Path” if needed.
- Once you have filled in the necessary details, click “Apply,” and then click “Close.”
- To connect to your website, click on the icon resembling a lightning bolt.
- In the “Site” panel, select the group (e.g., “demosites”) you created.
- Choose the site you configured (in our example, “mybiz123.info”).
Successful Connection, that’s it! You have successfully connected to your website via FTP (File Transfer Protocol).
- To disconnect from the site, simply click the icon resembling a plug.
- Or select “Server” and “Disconnect” from the drop down menu.