How can we help?
This guide assumes that you have already installed FileZilla on your computer and are ready to establish a connection with the remote server.
- Under “File”, choose “Site Manager”.
- The Site Manager window will open and click on “New Folder”.
- Enter a clear and concise name for the New Folder.
- Click on “New Site”.
- Select the “General” tab and enter your FTP “Host” name.
- If you have a custom FTP port, you can enter it here, should you not know what it is, then just leave it blank.
- Generally “Protocol” will default to “FTP – File Transfer Protocol”.
- “Encryption” can either be as “Use plain FTP”, or it can be configured.
- Select a “Logon Type” from the drop down menu: Anonymous, Normal, Ask for Password, Interactive, or Account.
- Use “Normal” to login and enter your “Username” and “Password”.
- Select the “Advanced” tab and complete the “Default local directory” and “Default remote directory” details.
- Select the “Transfer Settings” tab and ensure you have the right “Transfer mode” if necessary.
- Click “OK”.
- Now easily connect to your site by clicking the first icon under the menu bar.
- That’s it! You are now connected to the remote server, and your login details are saved.
- You either disconnect by clicking the “Disconnect” icon (9th from the right) or click “Server” on the menu bar and choose “Disconnect”.
This concludes the tutorial, you have successfully set up your website’s FTP connection in FileZilla.