How can we help?
A “Staging Site” can be set up in WordPress, so that you can view your site before publishing it live on the Internet.
On the WordPress Dashboard go to “Settings” and click on “Hosting Configuration” and scroll down to “Staging Site”
- Click the “Add staging site” button (if you have already created your Staging Site the button displays as “Manage staging site” and “Delete staging site”)
- It will make a copy of your entire site and suffix “staging-XXXX” – XXXX being 4 characters randomly created
- The staging site will remain active as long as your production site has an active plan, as they share the same storage split between them.
- Once you are satisfied with your changes, you can publish your website.
- Any additional changes made to your published website will not be duplicated to the staging site.
- Please delete the original staging site if you have made changes to the live site and published them as they will not be included.