How can we help?
The Reading Setting allow you to change emails you send, RSS feed and customize your WordPress site.
On your WordPress dashboard go to “Settings” and select “Reading” and you will find the following options available for customization.
- Your homepage displays – choose which page you want to display as your Home Page – default setting is the theme’s default page.
- Default posts page – choose a page to display other than the theme’s index template.
- Set the number of blog posts on the default posts page (10 or less is usually advise to lessen loading times).
- This section will display (or not) after the Blog post if you want to show related Blog posts.
- There are options to what you want to display in this section such as; Highlight related content with a heading, Show a thumbnail image where available, Show post publish date, Show post category or tags
RSS Feed Settings:
- Syndication feeds – allows you to set the number of blog posts to be included in your website’s RSS feed
- For each post in a fee include – this allows you to include the Full text or an Excerpt
Syndication Feeds show the most recent – number of feeds to display
For each Article in a Feed show – choose between full text or Summary versions.
Search Engine Visibility – you can request that search engines do not index your site, however this is up to the search engine itself.
Here you can choose the options for the Related Posts section displayed after single blog posts:
- Show related content after posts toggles the related posts section on or off.
- To clearly separate the related posts section from the rest of the content, you can choose to show a Related header on the section, using the second checkbox.
- You can choose to display thumbnails, date, category and tags for the posts in the Related section.