Spam/Unsolicited Bulk Mails
Hosted.com has zero tolerance for the transmission, distribution or delivery of any bulk email, including unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial email, or the sending, assisting, or commissioning of the transmission of commercial email that does not comply with the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
Hosted.com monitors traffic to and from Hosted.com servers for indications of spamming. If you are found to be responsible for Spam, Hosted.com will take appropriate action against you which may include the immediate suspension or termination of Services, without any refund, and/or civil, criminal, or administrative action against you.
It is your obligation to ensure that email sent by you, or on your behalf, does not violate this law. We assume Spam complaints are valid unless we are provided with credible information to the contrary.
Spam includes, but is not limited to, the sending of unsolicited messages or information via delivery channels such as email, text message, instant message, pop up messages, chat room advertising, or facsimile (fax) sent to recipients as an advertisement or otherwise, without first obtaining prior consent from the recipient(s) to receive such communications. You must comply with the Can-Spam Act of 2003, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and all other applicable laws and regulations.
To avoid action please familiarize yourself with the Can-Spam Act by following this link: https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/resources/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business .
Hosted.com may filter incoming and outgoing email for unsolicited bulk email (Spam), virus and malicious code. This filtering will be done on a best-effort basis without any warranty of any kind. The servers used to provide an email service will be subject to the same level of security as the rest of the Hosted.com System. You may not send unsolicited bulk email, messaging of any type, or faxes unless the recipients have agreed or "opted-in" or subscribed to receive these messages, in which event, the messages must contain a return address, reply-to address, the sender's physical address, and an “Unsubscribe” option in the message. Hosted.com will be entitled to take whatever steps it deems necessary to prevent the sending of Spam using the Hosted.com System.
The following is not permitted when making use of the Hosted.com Services:
- Use or contain invalid or forged headers
- Use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names
- Employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path
- Contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content
- Any such content including but not limited to Spam, phishing, virus, malware, trojans
- Any content through our infrastructure, networks that is not in the best interests of Hosted.com and or our clients.
Hosted.com does not permit the harvesting, mining or collection of email addresses or other information from or through its network.
Users are prohibited from maintaining open mail relays on their services. Ignorance of the presence or operation of an open mail relay is not and will not be considered an acceptable excuse for its operation.
Hosted.com will be entitled to take whatever steps it deems necessary to prevent an IP address allocated to Hosted.com from being blocked as result of the transmission of bulk unsolicited email and may amongst other measures suspend your email account/s, suspend access to a domain name, and suspend the entire email/hosting account hosted on the Hosted.com infrastructure.
If Hosted.com incurs costs in unblocking any of its IP addresses/network/s as a result of your sending bulk unsolicited email or any communications or data using the Hosted.com infrastructure, the client will be liable for those costs, including time and materials at Hosted.com’s standard rates. Hosted.com will use your Payment Method on file to recover these costs.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send email to, or through, our network or services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of Hosted.com’s rights.
How to submit a Spam complaint emanating from the Hosted.com Infrastructure
Complainants need to be reported to Hosted.com at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter the domain name and include the COMPLETE headers & body of the Spam mail. Message headers and body are the most important proof of the Spam and without it we cannot verify the complaint.
- Enter your name and email address on which you wish to receive our reply.
Process to address Spam complaint emanating from the Hosted.com Infrastructure
- Our Abuse team will verify the Spam headers/body to determine from where the Spam was originated and the type of Spam.
- In case of compromised/hacked domain scenario and first promotional Spam instance, a warning will be sent to the domain Registrant. A subsequent Spam complaint will result in suspension of the domain and/or immediate termination of the email/hosting account or client account on the Hosted.com servers.
- In case of deliberate phishing / 419 scam / malware distribution, the domain name will be suspended immediately.